DevOps Engineer - Manchester
DevOps Engineer - Manchester
We are the Information Intelligence Group (IIG) of CACI UK and we are looking for DevOps Engineers at all experience levels to join our team.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will join one of our small, fast-paced, agile delivery teams; working on exciting, challenging and interesting projects, to solve real world problems.
DevOps Engineering at IIG consists of highly challenging , interesting and wide ranging responsibilities. Below is a flavour of some of the tasks you may be asked to undertake:
- Work closely with (or embed into) multi-skilled feature teams to efficiently and securely develop, test, deploy, release operate and monitor software products
- Design and operate automated CICD pipelines
- Design and operate shared Platform services for Deployment, Operation and Monitoring
- Design and Operate Platform services for containerised products
- Write and deploy Infrastructure as Code (IaC)
- Deploy and operate products in public and private cloud environments (AWZ, Azure, On-Prem)
- Support and advise teams as they onboard products to shared platform services
Our DevOps Engineers enjoy working on a variety of fascinating and complex projects, and our team has a proactive and ‘can-do’ attitude to our work.
We pride ourselves on keeping up with emerging technologies and delivering best-practice. DevOps is a fast moving and wide area, so it is important that you enjoy learning and continuous improvement..
You will ideally have experience in:
- Developing and deploying secure products using appropriate technology and patterns
- Familiarity with key AWS and/or Azure concepts and technologies
- Designing and operating highly available shared solutions
- Working across the full Software Development Lifecycle
- Working in agile environments using methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban
- Working with high-level stakeholders - both internally and externally - and some flexibility to travel to client sites.
- Exposure to the following technologies is desirable, as are any relevant certifications - Gitlab, Jenkins, Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform, Packer, Vault, Serverless, Elastic Stack, Prometheus, Grafana, Artifactory, Nexus
All applicants need to be eligible for a full UK SC security clearance and in some cases a higher clearance will be required.
MORE ABOUT CACI
The DevOps Engineer role is an excellent opportunity with an exciting and growing company. CACI reward their staff well with a competitive salary and impressive benefits package that includes:
✓ Flexi-time: 37.5 hour weeks you can structure around your life
✓ Learning: Budget for conferences, training courses and other materials
✓ Social: Fantastic culture with monthly social events
✓ Future You: Matched pension and health care package
We also understand the importance of getting to know your colleagues. Whole company meetings are held every quarter, and a training/work brief weekend is held once a year, amongst many other social events.
WHO WE ARE & WHAT WE DO
Founded in 2006, the CACI IIG is an agile, exciting, growing and progressive business unit within CACI UK. We currently have over 200 intelligent, professional and engaging staff. Through a rigorous emphasis on quality, the company has grown considerably to become one of the UK’s most well-respected Software Engineering Companies.
IIG’s company mission statement is to delight our customers and employees by delivering core mission solutions that keep the UK safe, secure and sustainably moving forward.
Our strategy is to do great things for our customers on work that is at the heart of their core mission. We bring together highly capable, creative, curious and passionate problem solvers to:
- Seek excellence, delivering real customer value in an open, honest and friendly way
- Run and grow a sustainable and profitable business
- Work alongside our customers to exceed their expectations and set the standard for our competitors- Be the trusted technical partner of choice in our chosen markets
- Provide employees with a great working environment focussed on support, growth and empowerment
Our mission is to support government departments to use information intelligently to make mission critical decisions and advance the security, sustainability and prosperity for the UK.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
CACI is an equal opportunities employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to a working environment where no one will be treated less favourably on the grounds of their sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or age.
Due to the industries we work in, we require all our team to be able to obtain security clearance. To qualify for this, you must be a British citizen and have lived permanently in the UK for the last 5 years.
Salary: £30,000-£70,000 DOE - apply today to find out more.