We are the Information Intelligence Group (IIG) of CACI UK and we are looking for an experienced Bid Manager to join our growing team in Bristol.
The primary purpose of the Bid Manager role is to fully manage the end-to-end bid process for the IIG. The role reports into the Commercial Director, with a dotted line to the central Head of Bids. The role will focus on achieving (and maintaining) the following KPIs; Win Rate of >50%, Submission Lockdown and Stakeholder Satisfaction.
Working with the central Head of Bids you will help embed best practice within IIG, to enable this you will:
- Robustly qualify opportunities with IIG and Divisional stakeholders to optimise use of resources and conversion from bid pipeline to new logo
- Manage the bid process and write proposals to the highest standards and demanding deadlines
- Manage and co-ordinate the assigned bid team to maximise their output and drive continuous development
- Convey compelling reasons why clients should select CACI (Hot Buttons and Win Themes)
- Facilitate and lead storyboard sessions to development concise, compliant and compelling answers
- Assist with the creation of presentations to ensure consistency with CACI’s bid
- Support the creation, communication and implementation of market leading bid tools and process
- Lead and contribute to the bid and content library
- Manage a bid tracker to monitor activity and track success (KPIs)
- Challenge (constructively) the norm to implement improvements
- Perform internal lessons learnt post bid submission
- Carry out client debriefs whether won or lost and feedback to internal stakeholders
- Search and apply for new opportunities using CACI’s OJEU aggregator service
- Any other reasonable tasks relating to IIG.
The successful individual will be driven, accountable, passionate about bids and focused on continuous improvement. You will ideally have experience in:
- Successful achievement in managing highly complex bids with numerous stakeholders
- Working within a complex, diverse and secure environment (SC Clearance Required / Achievable)
- Leading and embedding bid best practice (tools and methodology)
- Owning and being accountable for the bid process from cradle to grave
- Intermediate to advance capability with the Microsoft Office Suite as well as strong business English, written and oral communications skills.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to analyse complex client needs and determine a suitable response
- Positive and professional, with the ability to thrive in high pressure situations and environment
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs)
- Exceptional project management skills with a “get it done” attitude
- Ability to coach and steer colleagues within the team and as well stakeholders and SMEs
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar function (bid / sales / procurement)
- Association of Proposal Management Professionals (APMP) Accreditation [mandatory]
MORE ABOUT CACI
The Bid Manager role is an excellent opportunity with an exciting and growing company. CACI reward their staff well with a competitive salary and impressive benefits package that includes:
✓ Flexi-time: 6am - 10am starts
✓ Learning: Budget for conferences, training courses and other materials
✓ Social: Fantastic culture with monthly social events
✓ Future You: Matched pension and health care package
We also understand the importance of getting to know your colleagues. Whole company meetings are held every quarter, and a training/work brief weekend is held once a year, among many other social events.
WHO WE ARE & WHAT WE DO
Founded in 2006, the CACI IIG is an agile, exciting, growing and progressive business unit within CACI UK. We currently have over 200 intelligent, professional and engaging staff. Through a rigorous emphasis on quality, the company has grown considerably to become one of the UK’s most well-respected Software Engineering Companies.
IIG’s company mission statement is to delight our customers and employees by delivering core mission solutions that keep the UK safe, secure and sustainably moving forward.
Our strategy is to do great things for our customers on work that is at the heart of their core mission. We bring together highly capable, creative, curious and passionate problem solvers to:
- Seek excellence, delivering real customer value in an open, honest and friendly way
- Run and grow a sustainable and profitable business
- Work alongside our customers to exceed their expectations and set the standard for our competitors- Be the trusted technical partner of choice in our chosen markets
- Provide employees with a great working environment focussed on support, growth and empowerment
Our mission is to support government departments to use information intelligently to make mission critical decisions and advance the security, sustainability and prosperity for the UK.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
CACI is an equal opportunities employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to a working environment where no one will be treated less favourably on the grounds of their sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or age.
Due to the industries we work in, we require all our team to be able to obtain security clearance. To qualify for this, you must be a British citizen and have lived permanently in the UK for the last 5 years.